VAGINA LIGHTENING TREATMENT PLAN
WHAT IS VAGINA LIGHTENING?
The vulva is defined as the external female genitalia and includes the labia majora (outer lips of labia), labia minora (inner lips), clitoris, mons pubis, vestibule, or entryway, of the vagina, and the perineum (area between vulva and anus). The skin around the vulvar is prone to darken and become uneven in texture over time. Factors that can impact changes to the area include:
● Unbalanced hormonal conditions
● Losing weight quickly
● Healing after surgery or childbirth
● Your genetic make-up
● Wearing tight underwear or clothing that doesn’t fit properly
● Lack of ventilation in the area
CAUSES OF VAGINA DARKENING?
Let’s examine the causes so that we can identify the necessary preventative measures to put in place.
- Constant shaving. This is why we recommend undergoing laser hair removal (LHR) prior to skin brightening treatments. In many cases, our clients are happy with the colouring of their Brazilian after LHR treatments. So much so that skin brightening sessions are no longer necessary.
- Friction from tight underwear.
- An accumulation of dead skin.
- Over secretion of melanin by the body. The medical term for this condition is ‘Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation’ (PIH). It is aggravated by burns, skin infections, atopic eczema, and constant friction. In most cases, over-the-counter lightening creams do not work with PIH as the condition lies more in-depth than the others.
HOW DOES LIGHTENING THE VAGINA WORK?
We are able to lighten and brighten your intimate areas by 2 – 3 shades, in turn boosting your confidence. We achieve this with the use of our Q-switched laser, LaseMD, and chemical peels. It is a non-invasive technique that is safe, non-painful, and produces visible results within just a few sessions – no downtime required! These treatments adopt the principle of ‘selective photo-thermolysis’, that makes use of a particular wavelength to correct a specific skin condition. In comparison to Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) for skin brightening, the Q-Switch laser is stronger, more effective, and highly customisable for targeted areas.
Skin Brightening Treatment Procedure
The procedure for this a non-invasive treatment and is comfortable and mild on the skin. It begins with the application of our carbon mask onto your areas of concern. It is important to note that the carbon mask may only be used for the first few sessions. Once you are comfortable and the safety goggles are secured to protect your eyes, we will use the Q-switched laser to safely remove the carbon mask. The laser will brighten, lighten, and rejuvenate the skin that the area is passing. It is usually a painless procedure (however some people may feel discomfort), paired with a warm tingling sensation during the process.
Is there downtime?
If you are concerned about the side effects of engaging in the treatment of these areas, then you have nothing to worry about. You may experience a mild tingling sensation and slight redness over the treated area up to 2 hours after the procedure. However there is nothing else of enormous significance. You can resume your daily routine in no time when you apply our prescribed lightening products immediately after the process.
PREPARING BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
You must prepare your skin with prescribed skincare for two weeks prior to your first session to ensure all your cells are strengthened and prepared for your plan. Preparing the treatment area is essential to its success and helps minimise your healing time. Following our expert advice on pre and post care plus maintenance, contributes to 70% of your treatment’s success.
Use corrective prescribed skincare by your therapist for 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
Prepare your skin two weeks before your first treatment and strengthen your cells with our specially formulated creams
- Use the lightening cream every night on the area treated. Do not apply inside the vagina.
- You must avoid direct sun exposure for two to four weeks prior to your treatment.
- You can not apply any spray tans.
- Avoid UV/heat-based treatments (sauna/tanning bed) for two weeks prior.
- Avoid waxing or laser hair removal for one week prior to being treated.
- Ensure you arrive at your appointments with cleansed skin and no lotions.
- Notify your therapist if you’re on any medication, including contraception and vitamins.
- Do not use serums/lotions with active ingredients one week prior to your treatment.
- Do not use filler four weeks prior to treatment.
- Do not use Botox two weeks prior to treatment.
- If you’re prone to herpes simplex, you must use Zovirax for five days before and after intensive treatment.
- If you have an autoimmune disease, you must be on oral antibiotics during the healing period.
On The Day
● Wear cotton underwear and loose-fitting bottoms
● Ensure the treatment area is clean
● The treatment area is shaved two days prior
● If required, apply Emla numbing cream 45 minutes before your appointment. This can be purchased from any pharmacy.
● Be sure to follow post care instructions.