LED (light-emitting diode) light therapy is a non-invasive treatment that enters the skin’s layers to improve the skin. We offer 2 different types of LED. Ominlux and Heallite.
The Healite II harnesses the healing power of LED light for a total skin rejuvenation. By sending gentle energy deep into the skin tissue, light therapy works on a cellular level to combat acne, stimulate collagen production, combat active acne, reduce redness and rosacea, speed up healing and much more. The Heallite offers 2 wavelengths RED light 633nm and Yellow light 830nm.
How does LED work?
LED works by activating the mitochondria (energy factories) of your skin cells. The same way that the sun works on a sunflower by converting chlorophyll into energy for it to grow and flower. Interestingly, LED technology was first formulated by NASA to increase astronaut health while they were up in space. The treatments then progressed to aid in the recovery of wounds and post-surgical scar treatment.
Think of the LED healite as the trigger to initiate the healing response in your skin, meaning that the effects will continue long after your appointment. Through the stimulation of collagen and elastin, as well as new skin cell formation and calming of inflammation, wounds are repaired at an accelerated rate, as well as overall skin rejuvenation with no downtime or discomfort.
- Increased production of collagen and elastin
- Increased cell renewal and regeneration
- Accelerate the rate of healing time
- Decrease inflammation.
- Destroys p. Acnes bacteria, the bacteria that lives on our skin and causes acne
- Repairs damaged tissue
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces pore size
- Reduces redness and rosacea
- Stimulation of hair growth
- Improved elasticity and firmness
- Increased blood flow and circulation
- Can aid in treatment of dermatitis, psoriasis and eczema
- Stimulates endorphins to aid in pain relief
- Relieves muscle stiffness and muscle spasms
- Relieves arthritis pain
- Speed up healing of bruises, cuts, grazes and post procedure inflammation
Is LED safe for my skin type?
We consider LED safe for all skin types. LED is also safe if you are pregnant or breastfeeding meaning you can have glowing skin and treat yourself you some seriously relaxing me-time.
How many treatments will I need?
The benefits of LED Light Treatment accumulate over time. In general, best results are achieved over an 8–12-week period. It’s recommended to start with a commitment of 20 minutes twice per week for a minimum of 5 weeks.
Want to get started right away? No problem. There is no specific pre-care required for an LED Light Treatment. Just turn up and enjoy the experience.
Your experienced therapist will provide post-treatment instructions and recommend products that you can use at home to maximise the benefits.
- Immediately after your treatment: Your skin will be more sensitive to light immediately after your treatment, so it’s important to apply a high-SPF sunscreen before you leave the clinic.