About Hair Whitening
Laser hair whitening is a laser treatment, which targets the melanin in the hair shaft and bleaches it making it invisible without the risk of stimulating hair growth. Treatment is superficial and painless treatment lasts 4-12 weeks.
How does Hair whitening work?
With the use of a laser we use a laser beam of a specific wavelength to target the melanin content in thin and fine hairs. Generally, the melanin present in these hairs is insufficient for laser hair removal. However, laser hair bleaching uses a highly accurate light beam to destroy melanin in these hairs. As a result, fine and thin hair color becomes lightened enough to match the skin tone.
- No more waxing
- No more laser
- Doesn’t remove any hair from the skin at all
- Brighter complexion
Is this peel safe for my skin type?
We consider hair whitening safe for everyone.
How many treatments will I need?
This treatment doesn’t provide permanent results. The treated hair turns white and after four to six weeks will return with its original colour and thickness. Perfect for those who don’t want to remove any hair.
No precare if required for this treatment. No active ingredients on the area being treated for 1 week prior.
- Do not apply any makeup for 24-48 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and/or swimming, sun exposure, cooking over a hot stove or oven, Hot showers or anything that will heat the skin for 24-48 hours.
- Avoid the use of active ingredients (AHA, Retinols, Acidic) for one week.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory medications (antihistamine).
- No waxing or laser hair removal on the treated area for two weeks.
- Avoid chlorinated water for 72 hours.
- You need to use sunscreen to prevent sun damage to the skin. Use sunscreen with SPF 50 or above UVA/UVB broad-spectrum daily and reapply regularly.
- Try to avoid direct sun exposure for two weeks. If you are prone to herpes simplex, you must use Zovirax for two days before and five days after intensive treatment.
- If you have an autoimmune disease, you must be on oral antibiotics during the healing period.
- When cleansing and applying the post-care products make sure you dab them on lightly and don’t wipe the skin as it can cause a reaction.